Friday, September 11, 2009

Coast of Carolina (SAD LETTER)

Kelly,

Hey, you.

I have decided to start naming my letters based on the song I am listening to when I start writing them. This trend may or may not continue.

I am, as usual, going to start off by replying to each of your last paragraphs.

Cupcakes are definitely squee-worthy. Although saying "I squeed a little" kind of sounds dirty. That being said, the Elian Script is a very nifty thing to learn, and I think we should indeed learn it to send each other secret notes. If you will recall, we spent a lot of time passing notes during your summer classes last June... I figure there's no reason I can't spend half your physics class writing three words this October.

Zemanta sidebar photo option update:

Cupcakes topped with frosting and gumpaste flowersImage via Wikipedia



Cupcakes. Lots of them.
The other photos are either cupcakes, ovens, or text documents about cupcakes.


Next order of business: The Weepies. You still haven't linked me to them. To be fair, I haven't reminded you either. I guess we've both been bad at that. I may not like them unless you provide reason to be otherwise... I only kind of liked Telekinesis until they made their appearance on the Montlake Cut. Which even Michael Benjamin Lerner admitted was freaking awesome. And a little bit adorable.

"It fills me with happiness, and makes me very happy!"



I am honored.

Moving right along...
Rapidash is pretty great. Collarbones are even better. As you may know mine is widely available to you upon request.

No Cars Go is a great song. Make sure it's on the Playlist.

Your knitting is awesome. Well, now it is. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Further, our lives are wildly exciting. Even though I got fired from my main job, I still have work keeping me occupied. Also, Passion Pit. (Zemanta hotlink to Myspace Music) We are going to freaking take that town.

~~
On the topic of seeing Passion Pit live, I am super psyched. There is little more I think about on my down time than my next trip to Seattle... You know, it was like this in May too. You told me not to get my hopes up because you thought you would be a huge disappointment... See how that turned out?

Also, today is September 11th. All over the radio they've been talking about remembering what happened 8 years ago. I still remember where i was when I watched it all happen on the news... I was eating cold pineapple pizza, getting ready for choir practice. Yes, I was in choir when I was 10. I could sing back then.
Anyways, they are considering making another Memorial Day on 9/11. Like, a day off work. Most the people I talked to are against this, saying that disrupting our daily life was the exact goal of the events of that day.
What is kind of sad about this was that I was young when this happened. 10 years old. I was too young to really appreciate what a big deal it was. Now I don't really remember life before 9/11/01, and I've grown up used to a world where my nation is at a war nobody that makes the news thinks is important enough to keep fighting, but that we keep fighting anyway. I've been raised to respect soldiers, from a time when I was too young to know why.

But now I remember, and I know what it is I'm remembering.

Some men just want to watch the world burn. Right now, there are a lot of men I don't like. (our current side conversation is about one of them.) There are a lot of men that I'd like to go and smack. With a sword.

However, it is our choice as humans what we do to these men.
We have three options. We can leave them, we can kill them, or we can try to save them. But the good option is always so much work.

On that heavy subject, I'm going to leave you to cheer us all up.
E3-.
chris
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment