Thursday, September 3, 2009

LETTER WRITING FAIL

Chris,

Hey, you. So despite your polite but frequent reminders to write a letter, I have forgotten continuously for the past three weeks or so. Mea culpa. BUT MOVING ON! (I figure it's better to write an actual letter after all this time than write about how bad I feel about not writing letters).

That cupcake picture topping your last post made me squee a little when I opened the page. Especially because I can still read what it says. I love learning strange little things like the Elian script. That one has the bonus of being pretty and kind of useful. It would be excellent for passing secret notes. And that makes me sad that we aren't in high school together or something. How fun would that be? The answer, of course, is very fun.

I don't think I ever linked you to any of the Weepies like I said I should. Remind me to do that, because as we are clearly learning, I am forgetful and you are good at reminding me of things. I think we should keep that up. The Weepies are a cool band, but they're pretty sedate and folksy. Not really your sort of thing, but you occasionally surprise me with your tastes. I didn't expect you to like Telekinesis, for instance. And we all know how that turned out.

I am loving the Rapidash-riding sequel to Beauty and the Beast. I intend to keep that very much in our heads though. There's very little that can destroy my inner fantasies like a poorly-done Disney movie about them. Good thing Disney doesn't often make movies involving gratuitous amounts of collarbone...yet... Ahem.

Bringing up even more topics you've totally forgotten by now from your last letter: Arcade Fire! You kind of like them! Have you listened to them at all since the last time when you realized you don't totally hate them? Because you should. They are one of my more favorite bands. Listen to "No Cars Go". It makes me all happy inside.

I don't really have much else to talk about. I am sorry for that. I've spent my recent days attempting to learn how to knit and driving places with no real idea of where to go or what to do once I get there. But you know all about that, and there's not really much to say except that I need to find better things to do with my time. Maybe that means more (and less sucky) knitting!

And now while you nap (I break the fourth wall a lot in this blog, so I apologize to our dear reader(s)), I'm going to take a shower or some such. Truly we live very exciting, dramatic lives. Or maybe not, but most of the time I'm okay with that. I'm barely awake and quickly sliding off topic, so off I go.

E3-,
Kelly



No comments:

Post a Comment