Sunday, August 2, 2009

LoFiNoYoAbInPaMo

Okay, I'm going to conserve my writing energies for the topic of this letter, so let's get on with it. I'm a three-time participant in the proper NaNoWriMo, so I figure I can lay down the rules. Here we go:

1. We're going to get to 30,000 words each on our respective stories by midnight on August 31st. The regular NaNo goal is 50,000, but we're both busy people. So 30k minimum, and gold stars and bragging rights/hugs for either of us if we make 50k.

2. All original work. We can look back at our notes and old versions of the stories, but the words we count must all have been written starting today. This is about starting anew.

3. Whoever has a higher wordcount gets a cupcake courtesy of the other person upon our next in-person meetup.

4. If asked by the other participant, we must honestly tell them our word count. Even if it's depressing. Which it will be at least once. That's the nature of this business.

Okay, that's really all I've got to say. This blog will probably start talking about our noveling adventures, and I'm really okay with that. We can talk about titles and get angry with our characters and such. At least your book already *has* a title. Mine had a temporary one once upon a time, but unless I work it into the story really cleverly, it makes no sense at all. Hmm. Perhaps that will be a challenge to myself: get that title to work. Oh, we can do that, if we seem to be doing well: make challenges to each other, like "include a cat somewhere in the next ten pages" or "somehow bring up salad dressing preferences in your dialogue".

I know we'll get back to our regular conversation soon, and I'm glad. I'm even more glad that you're back and hopefully feeling awesome. If you're not, I'll be working to fix that!

E3-,
Kelly
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment